Guest Rooms at the Franciscan Guest House
All of our lodging accommodations are simple, plain, clean, affordable, and comfortable all with the same basic décor and amenities. Guest rooms have private bathrooms and are spread throughout four buildings, each building with its own history and character. Bed sizes and numbers vary. None of the buildings have elevators. Our hotel staff is happy to help you choose the best available room for your needs. Please feel free to call or email with any questions.
Main House Guest Rooms
Built in the 1950s as a boarding school, this building housed the classrooms on the first floor and dormitory rooms on the second floor.
The Main Guest House contains our most updated rooms, three floors, and views of the Monastery grounds and saltwater swimming pool next to the lower parking lot.
Guest room bed sizes are available in single queen, two full beds, two twins, or full with twin. There are also a few multi-room units that can sleep 3 to 5 people in full beds and twin beds.
Desktop computers are available for your use in this building outside the Front Desk office.
Rooms on the first or ground floor are best for those with mobility issues.
Baltija Tudor-style Building
If the name sounds familiar, it’s because this building was named after the Baltic Sea on the Lithuanian coast.
Formerly the stables for the previous owner’s estate, the horses are long gone, and the guest rooms have been provided with modern conveniences.
Rooms vary in bed sizes including queen, two full beds, full & queen, or full & twin with bunk beds.
This single-story building is located farthest from the Main Guest House.
Palanga Tudor-style Building
Palanga, named after a Lithuanian resort town, is the closest of the three Tudor-style buildings to the saltwater swimming pool and Main Guest House.
Formerly stables with a hay loft, now the first floor has guest rooms that come with bed sizes in full with twin, one queen, or two full beds.
Two rooms on the second floor are the only rooms at the hotel that bathrooms in the hallway and have two twin beds. Of the other two rooms, one is a multi-room unit good for families of 3 to 6 people with one and a half baths, two full and two twins. The other room with private bathroom has two twins.
Kretinga Tudor-style Building
Named after one of the oldest towns in Lithuania, Kretinga along with Palanga and Baltija buildings encircle a small courtyard with some parking.
Formerly the quarters for the stable hands and groomers, this building has been updated with guest rooms.
First-floor rooms come with a full bed or a full bed with bunk beds for the kids.
For a large party, ask about the availability of Kretinga’s second-floor multi-room unit with three bedrooms, one bathroom, and enough beds to sleep up to six.
The White House
Formerly the residence for the school cook, the White House is a single-story cottage with eight individual guest rooms.
These guest rooms have views of trees and the saltwater swimming pool area.
This building is located closest to the Main Guest House.
Beds in these rooms are two twins or full with twin. These small guest rooms are camp-like but with all the same amenities as the other rooms.
Amenities for the Franciscan Guest House
- Continental breakfast included with stay including coffee, tea, milk, juice, breads, cereals, oatmeal, and fruit.
- The FULL Breakfast Buffet is available for a small fee and includes an egg dish of the day and a hot item of the day which may include blueberry pancakes or french toast.
- Private bath with tub & shower unless notified otherwise
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Cable TV
- Air conditioners and heaters individually controlled by each room
- Radio/alarm clock
- All rooms non-smoking
- Fresh linens & towels available daily
- Hair dryers and ironing boards available
- Mini-fridge in all rooms
- Hotel buffet dinner seasonally for a fee on selected nights. Call 967-4865 for info.
- Parking pass for Kennebunk Beaches for a fee and refundable deposit
- Outdoor saltwater pool (no towel service, beach towels for sale at Front Desk). Pool is heated by the sun only. Pool will open in June as soon as weather permits completion of seasonal maintenance. Pool may close as early as the last weekend of Summer or as late as the last weekend in September.
- Free hotel parking